Sometimes we get in a rut of “being married” but not growing in our marriage. And sometimes I like it that way. When marriage is smooth sailing, we often want to avoid digging below the surface because a difficult topic will inevitably get stirred up.
But Elisha and I have also found that consistently digging below the surface is a helpful way to minimize long-lasting grudges, or bring issues to light we didn’t even know we had!
After asking these questions we found online, our marriage already feels deeper than before. Sure, it was kinda painful in the moment, but it’s comforting to know what your spouse is thinking instead of just wondering, and we’ve come to embrace the process of diving deeper.
Below are the questions I asked Elisha on the podcast, and a few bonus ones we didn’t get to. We hope they stir up helpful conversation in your marriage, as they did in ours!
Elisha and Katie Voetberg
1. What could I do to make you feel more respected/honored?
2. What Could I do to make you feel more understood?
3. What could I do to make you feel more appreciated?
4. Do you have any big dreams you haven’t shared with me yet? If so, how can I help you achieve them?
5. What is one of your happiest memories of us together?
6. If you could change anything about our marriage, what would it be?
7. What’s your idea of an ideal marriage?
8. Out of our friends and family, who do you think has the best relationship and why?
9. When do you feel most loved by me?
10. Where do you see our relationship in five years?
~ What could I do to make you feel more loved?
~ What would you like our sex life to be like?
~ Are you Happy?
~ Is there anything I can do to make your day easier?